You will need to record a video introduction as part of your application. This video allows our recruitment staff in Australia and internationally, as well as our partner organisations, to get to know you a little better.
You will be invited to record the video on our system during the application process. You'll be asked to answer four questions, listed below, and you will have an opportunity to practice and re-record questions if you need to.
The four video interview questions
- Why do you feel that volunteering overseas is the right thing for you to do at this time in you life?
- What are the biggest personal adjustments you're likely to have to make to be accepted as a useful colleague and engaged community member in this assignment?
- What is your personal experience and/or understanding of social inclusion? We are committed to ensuring the inclusion of all people directly affected by your volunteer assignments, such as the partner organisation and community.
- How do you meet the essential skills and experience? Address each of the criteria, making reference to your most relevant experiences, results and achievements.
Tips to prepare
- Ensure you have access to a device that has both video and audio capabilities. You can use a laptop, computer, tablet or mobile phone.
- Find a quiet, well-lit space for the video interview and answer each question in a clear and concise manner.
Looking for more information
We provide a range of support services to help you make the most out of your assignment.Learn more
Frequently Asked Questions
Browse our extensive list of FAQs covering remote and in-country volunteering and more.Explore the FAQs