There are several stages in the recruitment process once you have applied.
- Screening: Applications are reviewed. Applicants will be contacted via email or phone within a week of the application closing date.
- Shortlisting: Applicants with skills and experience matching the position will be invited to participate in interviews with an Australian-based recruiter and to complete a mental health assessment. This is generally within two weeks of the application closing date.
- Interviews: Applicants will be invited to a subsequent interview with in-country staff and/or the partner organisation within three weeks.
- Reference checks: Reference checks will be conducted after the interview with in-country staff.
You will receive updates as you progress through these stages, including prompts for when to complete your compliance documentation, such as:
- Online police check: If you have lived outside of Australia for 12 months or more in the last 10 years, you will also need an international police clearance
- Commitment to comply with the Volunteer Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy.
Understand what will be expected of you during the remote volunteering application process.
Learn how to approach your application
I've applied. What next?
Discover the next steps and indicative timelines once your application has been submitted
Everything you need to do to prepare for your assignment
Discover what happens on a remote assignment
Learn about wrapping up an assignment and what can come next