- Volunteers must be Australian citizens or holders of a Permanent Residency Visa of Australia, or New Zealand residents in Australia with a Special Category Visa (SCV).
- Remote volunteers must not be living in a country where the program operates. This is due to insurance provisions made for in-country volunteers in those countries, which cannot be extended to remote volunteers.
Do your research
- Familiarise yourself with the position description for the assignment you're interested in.
- Get acquainted with the partner organisation and the work they do.
- Research the country and local area, taking into account factors that may impact your experience working alongside your partner organisation.
Gather the information you need for your application
- Your resume
- Qualification details
Before you apply
Understand what will be expected of you during the remote volunteering application process.
Learn how to approach your application
Discover the next steps and indicative timelines once your application has been submitted
Everything you need to do to prepare for your assignment
Discover what happens on a remote assignment
Learn about wrapping up an assignment and what can come next