Australian partner organisations
Australian organisations play an important role in supporting the development objectives of overseas partners and promoting the value of international volunteering.
The Australian Volunteers Program works with Australian organisations to support development initiatives in partner countries: sharing skills and connecting businesses and communities.
Australian organisations include civil society organisations, education and training institutions, the private sector, professional associations and peak bodies and government agencies across a wide range of sectors.
Your organisation can partner for international development
The Australian Volunteers Program facilitates mutually beneficial partnerships that support the requirements of our overseas partner organisations, in partnership with the Australian Volunteers Program. This could be accomplished through:
- Collaborating with partner organisations to develop volunteer assignments
- Supporting recruitment through finding and onboarding volunteers
- Promoting the program and volunteer assignments through the Australian organisation networks
- Establishing mentoring relationships between staff, volunteers, and partner organisations
- Contributing financially or in kind, where appropriate
- Sharing business intelligence and ideas with partner organisations
Interested in becoming a partner?
Find out more from our partnerships teamContact us
Why you should partner with us
Through the Australian Volunteers Program, your organisation can:
- Support the work of like-minded organisations across the Pacific, Asia and Africa
- Contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Broaden your global connections and enhance your organisation’s effectiveness when collaborating across cultures.
- Develop the skills of your employees and provide exciting international professional development opportunities
- Contribute to your corporate social responsibility objectives
- Develop shared-value projects that offer mutual benefits to your organisation and overseas partners.
Who are our Australian partners?
We have over 100 Australian organisations in our partner portfolio. We partner with civil society organisations, education and training institutions, the private sector, professional associations and peak bodies, and multilateral organisations including:
What are our priority areas?
The Australian Volunteers Program has identified priority areas for partnership, which are based on a sectoral approach and determined by DFAT's strategic objectives. These include:
- Food security
- Water, sanitation and hygiene
- Climate change
- GEDSI (Gender Equality, Disability and Social Inclusion)