Australian organisations play an important role, supporting the development objectives of overseas partners and promoting the value of international volunteering.
Your organisation can partner for international development
Australian organisations partner with community, government and not-for-profit organisations in the Indo-Pacific region, working across a range of sectors to support sustainable development.
The Australian Volunteers Program facilitates mutually beneficial partnerships between Australian and overseas organisations that can include:
- Collaborating with overseas partners to develop volunteer assignments
- Establishing mentoring relationships between your staff, our volunteers and overseas partners
- Supporting the recruitment of volunteers through assignment promotion and referral
- Promoting the value of volunteering to your networks
- Contributing financially or in kind, where appropriate
Why you should partner with us
Through the Australian Volunteers Program, your organisation can:
- Contribute to sustainable development in the Indo-Pacific region
- Develop existing networks and forge new partnerships with organisations overseas
- Strengthen your organisation's reach and recognition in the Indo-Pacific region
- Develop staff flexibility, strategic thinking, resourcefulness and cross-cultural skills by encouraging them to become international volunteers
- Develop shared-value projects that offer mutual benefits to your organisation and overseas partners.
What are our priority areas?
The Australian Volunteers Program has identified piroritiy areas for partnership, which are based on a sectoral approach and determined by DFAT's strategic objectives. Currently, these areas are driven by the COVID-19 pandemic which focuses on strengthening health security, maintaining regional stability and stimulating economic recovery.
Interested in becoming an Australian partner?
Fill out your details below and we'll be in touch.