Information and tips to help you prepare for the video interview
About video interviews
You will need to participate in a video interview as part of your application. The video recording is conducted by our system and will be offered to you to complete during the application steps.
Video interviews allow our recruitment staff in Australia and internationally, as well as our partner organisations to get to know you a little better.
You will be asked four questions, as listed below, and you will have an opportunity to practice and re-record questions if you need to.
Tips to prepare
- Ensure you have access to a device that has both video and audio capabilities. You can use a laptop, computer, iPad or mobile phone.
- Find a quiet, well-lit space for the video interview and answer each question in a clear and concise manner.
The four video interview questions
- Why do I feel that volunteering overseas is the right thing for me to do at this time in my life?
- What are the biggest personal adjustments I’m likely to have to make to be accepted as a useful colleague and engaged community member in this assignment?
- What is your personal experience and/or understanding of social inclusion? We are committed to ensuring the inclusion of all people directly affected by your volunteer assignment, such as the partner organisation and community.
- How do I meet the essential skills and experience? Address each of the criteria, making reference to your most relevant experiences, results and achievements.