A mutually beneficial relationship and an opportunity for connection, knowledge-sharing and discussion.
Update: Due to the unprecedented impact of COVID-19, the Australian Volunteers Program made the decision to repatriate Australian volunteers in March 200 and to temporarily suspend recruitment of new volunteers. Therefore, RAVN Peer Mentoring has also been suspended and we are not accepting new member applications at this time. We will let returned volunteers know when we start accepting new mentors and mentees to RAVN Peer Mentoring in 2021. For more on how the Australian Volunteers Program is managing the impacts of COVID-19 click here.
About RAVN Peer Mentoring:
RAVN Peer Mentoring offers returned volunteer mentors and new volunteer mentees the opportunity to learn and grow through one-to-one mentoring relationships. Participants will expand their networks, gain new knowledge and share insights on the volunteer experience, all supported by a specially designed online mentoring platform.
There is no expectation for face-to-face meetings, with most contact made online through the mentoring platform.
Returned volunteers - Why become a Mentor?
- Mentoring offers a meaningful way to stay engaged with the Australian Volunteers Program
- Receive training to strengthen your leadership, mentoring and coaching skills
- Gain satisfaction through ‘giving back’ and sharing the benefit of your unique volunteer experience with interested people
- An opportunity to reflect on your own volunteer experience and learning
Learn new ideas and new perspectives from your mentee
New volunteers - Why become a Mentee?
- Increase your confidence in your ability to make an impact in your volunteer assignment
- Access positive and helpful advice from a friendly returned volunteer who can relate to your challenges and experiences
- Gain helpful insights through others’ experiences of culture and volunteering in developing countries
- Expand your personal and professional network
- Increased self-awareness
- Test your ideas and approaches to your volunteer work through your mentor
For any questions related to RAVN Mentoring, please contact RAVN Coordinator Grace Panggabean at firstname.lastname@example.org