The 2019 Go Back<>Give Back Competition
It's time to go and give back!
To recognise the contribution of returned volunteers to development in our region, celebrate lasting connections between returned volunteers and partner organisations and to enhance the Australian Volunteers Program's Make an Impact conference, the Returned Australian Volunteer Network (RAVN) invites all returned volunteers to enter the 2019 Go Back<>Give Back Competition. This competition will support three returned volunteers to revisit their former partner organisations and complete a small development project with the aid of a $6,000 grant.
What’s the prize?
Three competition winners will receive:
- One return economy airfare from Australia to the country the volunteer's assignment was in and all transfers to the partner organisation
- Seven nights' accommodation (three star or equivalent) in country
- A grant of AUD $6,000 for the returned volunteer to deliver the approved project with their partner organisation
- A daily travel allowance for seven days, commensurate with Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade staff per diems for the country
Eight returned volunteer finalists and their partner organisation representatives will receive:
- All travel, accommodation and insurance costs will be covered for the eight returned volunteer finalists and eight partner organisation representatives to attend and pitch at the Make an Impact | International Volunteering Conference 2020 in Melbourne
- Two day Make an Impact | International Volunteering Conference 2020 pass, including conference gala dinner
How can I use the grant?
All entrants must consult with their partner organisations to identify a small project for funding and develop a project brief that outlines the proposed project's objectives, how they support the partner organisation's goals, outlines the activities required to deliver the project, and demonstrates the returned volunteer and partner organisation's ongoing connection. The winners must be able to travel and complete their projects between April and August 2020. The following are examples of the types of projects/items the grant may be used for:
- Capacity development/training-related workshops or courses (within the country)
- Event or activity to support the PO (e.g. fundraising event, stakeholder event)
- Completing a small project such as a report, project design or website development
- Purchase of equipment and training to use it (e.g. sports, education, medical)
- The funding cannot be used for ongoing/recurring costs, such as administration or staffing costs
How do I enter?
- To get started, download the 2019 RAVN Go Back<>Give Back Competition Entry Guide,
- Read the Entry Guide carefully and follow the entry instructions provided
- Complete the competition entry form
- Entries close on 10 December 2019
Watch and be inspired by the 2018 Go Back<>Give Back Competition winners