Learn about RAVN
Welcome to the Returned Australian Volunteer Network - the Australian Volunteers Program's alumni network.
The Returned Australian Volunteer Network (RAVN) is the Australian Volunteers Program's alumni-driven and led network for all returned Australian volunteers.
RAVN welcomes returned Australian volunteers from all chapters of Australian Government-funded international volunteering programs. It helps returned volunteers stay connected with each other and the Australian Volunteers Program, as well as supporting wider awareness of volunteering and increased understanding of our neighbours in the Indo-Pacific.
- Launched in 2015, RAVN is an Australian Government initiative and is funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade as part of the Australian Volunteers Program.
- Anyone who has been an Australian Government-funded international volunteer is welcome to join RAVN.
- Volunteers automatically become part of RAVN when they complete their assignments.
- There are more than 7,500 RAVN members across Australia and overseas.
A recent survey was conducted with past volunteers to gain insights about volunteer experiences and views, across a range of topics. You can find out more about what volunteers had to say here.
A strong network
Ways to get involved
- Join your state or territory's returned volunteer Facebook group to connect with returned volunteers in your area and for regular Australian Volunteers Program and RAVN updates.
- Come along to an alumni event - we hold regular informal networking events across the country as well as some online and more formal events
- Join RAVN's LinkedIn group to share and seek professional networking and employment opportunities.
- Make sure you're receiving the RAVN Update newsletter to hear about events and opportunities for returned volunteers.
- Are you passionate about volunteering and like organising events? Apply to become a RAVN Representative.
Request a Statement of Service as proof of your skilled volunteering assignment
If you have completed your assignment in the last three months, please log in to the Australian Volunteers Portal to download your statement. Contact us if it has been more than three months.Enquire about your statement