Our partnerships with Australian organisations look to strengthen existing international development efforts, broaden networks and promote skilled volunteering.
Our Australian partners include government departments, not-for-profit organisations, industry groups and private sector organisations and associations.
How Australian organisations are involved
Our Australian partners support the program in a number of ways, including:
- Working with overseas partners to develop volunteer assignments
- Supporting mentoring between their staff, our volunteers and overseas partners
- Helping recruit volunteers by promoting assignments to networks and referring candidates
- Promoting the value of volunteering to their networks
- Contributing financially or in kind, where appropriate.
Through the Australian Volunteers Program, Australian organisations have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to sustainable development in the Indo-Pacific region
- Develop existing networks and forge new partnerships with organisations overseas
- Strengthen their organisation’s reach and influence in the Indo-Pacific region
- Encourage staff to become volunteers, who can expect to develop management skills including flexibility, strategic thinking, resourcefulness and cross-cultural skills.
- Develop shared value projects that offer mutual benefits to an Australian organisation and a community in a developing country.
For more information please contact the Australian partnerships team.