Welkam. Bula. Selemat datang. Bem vinda. Karibu. Welcome.
We believe that skilled volunteering is one of the most effective forms of development assistance available.
If you're an organisation in the Indo-Pacific region, you may benefit from partnering with the Australian Government's Australian Volunteer program, drawing on Australian expertise to strengthen your work.
It's more than just skills that Australians share. They want to learn about your culture, people and country. They want to live and work like a local, gaining a deep understanding of your work. Australian volunteers can train or mentor staff and assist you with strategic planning.
The Australian Government will support volunteers to live and work on assignments from 1 to 24 months.
Types of Partners
- local non-government organisations
- international non-government organisations which are locally registered and managed
- community-based organisations
- national and provincial government agencies
- educational institutions, including schools, universities and vocational and training colleges
- multilateral agencies
- private sector enterprises (micro, small and medium enterprises).
What do I have to contribute?
- a description of the assignment or need of your organisation
- a commitment to induct and orient the volunteer to the local area and workplace
- ensuring that a counterpart or team will be available to work with the volunteer for the duration of their assignment
- an appropriate workspace for the volunteer
- assistance with helping the volunteer find suitable accommodation
- any equipment required for the volunteer to complete their assignment
- work related travel expenses whilst on their assignment (such as accommodation, transport and food when travelling for work).
How do I request a volunteer?
For information about becoming a Partner Organisation and how to request a volunteer, please contact the relevant country officer via this link.
We look at a range of criteria to determine suitable overseas partners including;
- How you'll benefit from volunteer assistance
- An alignment between your needs and the development strategy for your country in Australia's aid program
- The longevity of benefits after the assignment has finished
- Your capacity to manage and support the volunteer
- Your capacity to provide appropriate work facilities which meet our safety and security standards
- Ensuring a child protection policy is in place that meets our standards.