From government departments to charities, industry groups, the private sector and associations - Australian-based organisations contribute significantly to positive social change in our region. By becoming a partner to the AVID program, you can strengthen existing efforts to support developing communities overseas, or create new projects or partnerships.
How partnerships work
As a partner to the AVID program, there are a range of ways you can input including:
- Assisting in the creation of volunteer assignments to support an overseas partner
- Exploring professional mentoring opportunities between your staff, volunteers and overseas partners
- Developing sector networks or specialist groups to support development outcomes
- Assisting with the recruitment and selection of volunteers, by promoting assignments to your networks
The value of partnerships
- You'll contribute to sustainable development outcomes in the Indo-Pacific region.
- Developing existing networks or foster new linkages with organisations in developing communities overseas
- Strengthening your organisations global literacy and influence in the Indo-Pacific region.
- Enhancing your organisations insights into international markets, the unique local context and cultural landscape.
Read about Australian organisations who've partnered with the AVID program and the impact of their efforts.
As the peak organisation for emergency medicine in Australasia, the Australian College of Emergency Medicine works to ensure developing countries in the region have access to safe and adequate emergency ...Read more
Training the trainers
A collaboration between the Trinh Foundation Australia and the Pham Ngoc Thach University in Vietnam has resulted in the establishment of Vietnam's first speech therapy trainee program.The Trinh Foundation Australia ...Read more
The Australian Psychological Society is the leading organisation for psychologists in Australia, representing over 22,000 members.As advocates for the discipline and profession of psychology, the APS is dedicated to providing ...Read more