Why volunteer with AVI?
You'll contribute to lasting change
AVI partner with organisations overseas who are working to
relieve poverty, promote human rights and support local
development. By sharing your skills and expertise you will be
contributing to their efforts.
You'll gain valuable career experience
International experience is highly desired by employers, by
working overseas you'll gain new and diversified skills and you'll
develop personally and professionally.
You'll support the objectives of the Australian Aid
- Work towards good governance
- Increase participation and social inclusion
- Improve health outcomes, particularly maternal and child
- Improve education outcomes
- Support sustainable livelihoods, including food security
Other benefits of international volunteering:
- You make a hands-on contribution to the fight against
- You work with local people, on projects requested by their
- You form friendships that can last a lifetime
- You learn about another culture, by being immersed in it
- You face challenges that help you develop personally and
- You gain valuable career development experience
- You are fully supported by an organisation with over 50 years