- Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism (PACTAM)
Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism (PACTAM)
Latest assignments available
Much more than a sea change
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism (PACTAM) is an Australian Government, Australian aid initiative (managed by AVI) that responds to requests for technical assistance from Pacific governments and agencies by recruiting professionals from Australia and other countries for assignments that cannot be filled locally.
PACTAM deployees work with Government Ministries, Statutory Authorities and Pacific regional organisations.
Express your interest in PACTAM
To express your interest in PACTAM, please call Ann Ray on 03 9279 1707, or email email@example.com.
- Remuneration at Australian market rates, with moderate expatriate benefits
- Allowances for children
- Establishment and repatriation allowances
- Mobilisation services including flights, visas and work permits
- Medical and travel insurance, and 24-hour emergency assistance
- Cultural effectiveness training and in-country orientation
- Ongoing assignment monitoring, support and debriefing
- Access to goods or equipment to support assignments
Where PACTAM operates
PACTAM works in 12 countries across the Pacific including::
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Marshall Islands
- Solomon Islands
PACTAM assignments cover a wide range of occupations, and are open to people of all nationalities. Candidates participate in a competitive recruitment process and cultural effectiveness training. Assignments are primarily longer term (1-2 years) but shorter assignments are sometimes required.
Sign up to AVI Plus
Be among the first to find out about new assignments by signing up to receive our Job Alerts eNewsletter.
You'll receive updates on our current assignments as soon as they are available.
Register for the eNewsletter now